Wednesday, October 8, 2014

(I Can't Get No Dis-) Satisfaction

Well, yes, now that you mention it, it HAS been an awfully long time since I last wrote.

I'd like to pretend that I was simply trying to give you, Dear Readers, ample time to catch up on my earlier posts--especially you mysterious Ukrainians and Malaysians who keep coming back for more, even though I'm not that kind of Badger. (May I direct the suddenly perplexed-and-not-reading-with-children to Urban Dictionary)

But the fact is, the 2nd Annual Trip for Trash was so wonderful, so perfect in every way that I came home utterly satisfied. I just wanted to lay under a tree every afternoon while the Badgerettes romped and dream about visiting friends, Fjords, and the raw new planet that is Iceland. Yes: I--The Happy Badger--was too happy to troll about at nights looking for treasure, too full of stories and sensations to share.

Family that are also Friends: Cornwall's "Hurlers"

Fjord, Fjord, Fjord! (plus Prince of the Forest)
For a full month, I wanted to watch How To Train Your Dragon every evening to marvel at how Dreamworks' animators got Icelandic clouds just exactly right.

I'd like to pretend that I'm too adult for this, but I really,
really want Toothless to be my best friend.
Anyway, Autumn is returning now, slapping its barn-red paintbrush about the trees while we sleep. My Inner Squirrel is waking, quickening only as the summertime roar of mating cicadas fades to an occasional grumble.

See what Scandinavia did to me? Turned me into a dreamy poet instead of a wise-cracking Trash Hustler?

Village-wide tag sales and church sales are back--time to wander, to work at saving Things That Are Not Compostable from the trash, to enjoy a spontaneous turkey parade.


I'll be back to tell you more about it all. Soon.


Copyright 2014, Tanya Monier





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! It feels good to be back. I just wish I could maintain my motivation like you!

      Delete