Friday, February 21, 2014

Comics, pt. 4: The Aftermath

In fact, this is a short math problem.

I could not bring myself to include 13 really thrashed, but old, comics when I went to unload them at Undiscovered Realm in Hartsdale. I didn't think it would be fair to the owner, Chris. Coverless and/or tattered, they aren't worth $.50 as a group.


Check out the cover for The Odyssey and for Superboy. Love.



















Ironically, if they had covers, these would have been among the more valuable comics in the boxes. Ah, well, so it goes.


1986, Green Lantern 201.
Yes, that's a flying raccoon annoying a four-armed creature.

 
I can't make myself toss these in the recycle bin, though.


 

"Your pulse is impossible, Son!"
"Have a care, Kildare! Each and every toe is virtually priceless!"
 
X-Men, story by Stan Lee...I can't bear to see this pulp turned into compost. 
 

 

New Mutants Special Edition vol 1, no. 1, 1986
 
If you desperately want to own some (or all) of these, you cover cost of shipping, and I'll get them to you. Otherwise, I'm afraid that their fate IS SEALED...
 
DECOUPAGE!!
 
Vintage comics decoupage tool box - decorative paper cut action mystery comics
Like it? Find it on Etsy at Hoshizaki Cube Star
 
Or...I can make you one...


Copyright 2014, Tanya Monier

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Maybe you could decoupage some of those lampshades and sell them to Undiscovered Realm? Photo frames? Notebooks? Craft doesn't pay, but it could be a lot of fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete