Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hustle and Snow: 2 things that don't go together

I know, I know: I chose to leave sunny, desicated California and live in New York, a state with weather mood swings like an Emo-adolescent.

Every day this winter, I wonder, "Which will you act like today, New York--Canada or the Caribbean?"

More often than not this January, the answer is clearly Canadian. Oh, Canada....
Man, I was just there, all zen and warm in Santa Barbara for the New Year

What has living in the Brrrr! and not having a regularly scheduled job taught me?

1. I am a mammal, the hibernating kind.
2. I'm never going to meet my summer Trip-For-Trash goal by sleeping during the kids' school hours.
3. I will look even more ursine if I don't cut out night snacking and day sleeping.
Thanks, Wikipedia, for the pic
Jeez, and you wonder why I don't take more selfies...

But how to remotivate? The bed is warm, the basement is arctic, and the hubby is away for the week.

Suggestions?

Copyright 2014, Tanya Monier



2 comments:

  1. Space heaters! Turn your basement into the tropics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one, but it makes zero difference, unless I sort of sit on it!

      Delete