Friday, April 4, 2014

Craft Binge

Mod Podge: gateway drug of Crafters.

I have been on a mad binge this week, swinging between decoupaging cigar boxes with vintage comic book pages and layering shellac on film reels of various sizes that I bought from eBay.

If I keep this up, next month I'll be huffing two-part epoxy and snorting concrete dust. Anyway, let me show off some pretties.

THE BOXES
This 1950s comic might have been worth something if it were not in shreds. As it is, I love the effect of the torn corner showing off the wooden box below.
Beware Circe!
Great effect, right? It's my favorite, but that won't stop me from trying to make you buy it.


"SELF-STYLED HERO"

Ah, Batman. This 90s comic features him kicking Hitler's behind. Classic.

80s X-Men. Relax; all of them survive...
"CALL ME MAGNETO." I keep calling him "Magenta" because of that outfit.
TURN YOUR HANDS into "EXPLOSIVE" DEFENSE MECHANISM!
Poor boys: It Gets Better

THE FILMS
They're so pretty all on their own, I sort of dread changing them.
35mm vases make the Super 8 home movies look like babies.
Do I curse the Zinsser family, or do I just buy their stock to recoup some of my costs?
35mm film audio tracks are blue-green. Beautiful.
Vintage saucer and two 35mm trailers. Pretty on the inside.
For Goodness' sake, can someone please buy these and help send my kiddos to Scandinavia this summer? I don't have storage space for all this stuff.

Copyright 2014, Tanya Monier

No comments:

Post a Comment